Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Saturday's the Big Day!

This Saturday's the big Meet-n-Greet, and the question is, where? I think I've come up with a nice place to initially meet. It's in SF, close to BART and other public transportation, and is located in a place that makes most of the rest of SF easily accessible. Additionally, there's a great big parking garage just down the block if you want to drive.

It's Lefty O'Doul's, on Powell and Geary, a half-block away from Union Square. If you get off at Powell Street BART, you walk about three blocks up Powell towards Union Square, make a left at Geary and you're pretty much there .

Lefty's is a long-time SF tradition. They serve passable hofbrau-type food, and most importantly, have a full bar! There's also plenty of sporting events on big screen TVs.

I'm thinking of starting the festivities around 4-ish. From Lefty's, we've got easy access to any number of places if people want to continue with dinner or drinking. There's nearby Belden Place, with a bunch of great restaurantsl; you can hop the cable car or a bus to North Beach; could walk into Chinatown; or hop onto BART again and venture into the Mission District.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave/tm/c:

Can we get a preliminary headcount - I'd like to have a BART "goodie" for everyone, and I have to go down to the BARTstore to pick stuff up.

Also, if you get a minute, could you email me at maddy.ann(at)gmail(dot)com? Thx.

res ipsa loquitur said...

I think this is within blocks of where I am staying.

Looking forward ...

steve simels said...

Hey kids -- have a blast, and we want a full report in real time!!!

Do you have a tentative guest list yet?

dave™© said...

...we want a full report in real time!!!

I'm thinking of dragging along my laptop and trying to liveblog, if we can find a wifi spot...

dave™© said...

Hey, Maddy - you're email address bounced my missive back to me.

You can contact me at contact-at-dumpbushnow-dot-us...